• Tau landing pad

I'm still having trouble sourcing some appropriate greeblies for the sides of my Tau buildings. I might have to pull some moulds from some Tau components so I can cast some parts to use on the buildings, particularly things like the round drone bodies - I can't seem to find any kind of rounded flattened bead to use on the buildings.

My first attempt at painting the landing pad it came out looking too plain. I couldn't figure out how to get some shading to the structure with the white paint. So I sprayed out the entire structure in black, then gave it just a light misting of white, gradually building it up. The landing pad was now white, but with a hint of black showing through, and some shading around the panel lines. The Tau insignia on the pad body was painting in Mechrite Red.

I still think it needs some detailing, and obviously, the base needs some ground work. I'd like to add some movable details in like fuel tanks, or perhaps a small portable fusion reactor for refuelling the vehicles. Perhaps some diagnostic tools, or equipment used for repairs by Water Caste support crew.

I've also started work on some larger Tau Bastion-type buildings, and I'm working up some plans for Tau defense trenches. I'm going to trying making the framing shapes from foamcore board, then skinning with thin sheet plastic. Not having access to foam insulation board makes it difficult to construct surfaces with compound curves, but we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment