• Crisis Suit Bodyguard Progress

So my goal is to actually start playing more regularly this year, and hopefully being able to go play in the Gencon Tournament in September. Unfortunately life usually gets in the way, plus I have a tendency to hop all over the various armies I'm working on. So as Tau is my main army, I'm going to be focusing mostly on getting the few units i'm still lacking sorted out so I have a playable force. I'll probably still help Beeb with his Blood Angels though, as he's got a pretty big army, and it'll give me something to play/practice against. I'm helping him with his 4 outstanding units from his Assault Squad at the moment too (although with what I hear about the upcoming Blood Angels Codex, we're probably going to need some more Assault troops).

Anyway, I needed some more Crisis Suits in my forces, and I've been working on this one. This is the first time I've had a go at reposing the limbs, and I'm pretty pleased with how it's turned out so far. I'm going for a Death Rain configuration with twin missile pods, and a flamer for close combat. I'm probably going to make it a Bodyguard for my Crisis Commander which will fill out my HQ choice, and allow me to add on a multitracker or some other wargear to ensure that it just can't miss at range.

I like the leaping pose, and I'm working on a lense effect for the shield generator, as well as a projected shield - something like the shield bubble effect in Halo 3. I might also try to scratch build flame emitting from the flamer as well. At the moment I feel the base is still a little plain, so I'm going to work on adding some more debris, and general interest to that.

I still need another 3 XV8s and I've got a single Broadside which probably needs some friends too. So lots of opportunities to customise my forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment