• Inquisitor Karamazov [1]

I got this awesome looking Inquisitor Karamazov model to lead my Grey Knights, and with the added bonus that its a Monstrous Creature. I was also impressed that it was available in Finecast, because the metal version must have weighed a ton.

Unfortunately, this is one of the worst Finecast castings I've seen yet. A lot of the detail is just a mess - a good example are the purity seals on the legs, which are missing the seal part, and the parchment consists of a blob of resin and a sort of v-shaped groove. I had to file them all off the legs, and then attach some spare plastic purity seals from my Grey Knight Terminator models.

There're also some quite bad misalignments with the mold leaving resin lines down sections of the body that need to be carefully shaved down, and resculpted in some places.

I started repainting the marble sections with Celestra Grey. The white was too plain, and I'm going to try for a more detailed looking marble with different colored vein and texture running through the surface. The gold sections were repainted back to Tin Bitz again, then covered with an Old Gold (Shining Gold was just too bright for this), and washed with Devlan Mud. The metal parts have been given edge highlighting with Mithril Silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment