• Thunder-head [1]

I've been looking for models that excite me about Cygnar, since the army wasn't my first choice. A friend had the starter set, and was playing Retribution of Scyrah. I had thought about playing either Khador or possibly the new Convergence of Cyriss army that was coming out since I liked the look for the models primarily - and it helps if you want to spend time painting something you actually love. So this lead me towards painting Sebastien Nemo, and the electrical-based jacks as I liked the look and design of these the most. One of my absolute favorite Cygnar models was the Thunderhead, so when I saw one I just had to have it.

I was a little bit hesitant when I realized that the model is one huge chunk of metal to assemble. This thing needs a butt-ton of pinning and glue to assemble. The most difficult parts to put together was the two side shoulders onto the main body. There isn't much of an attachment point, and the center of the main body is hollow. So i ended up pinning through both shoulders together, passing through the main body, and packing the central hollow part with green stuff. Hopefully this will add the necessary strength to hold it all together. The head, legs, arms, and central rear generator are all pinned on too. The smaller electrical pylons on the arms are just glued on, but I've tried to reinforce (and fill gaps) with green stuff afterwards. Both feet are then pinned to the base as well, and the underside of the base is packed with green stuff. This is one seriously heavy model, so you'll want to make sure its as steady on its base as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment