• Stormtalon Gunship [1]

Working on my Stormtalon Gunship, and I completed the cockpit interior and pilot this evening. The whole gunship is painted in a generic grey military scheme because strictly speaking, I can't run it with my Blood Angels or Grey Knights, so instead of dedicating it to a particular Chapter, I made it part of a cruisers fleet, and did it in generic colours so it can slip into any group I want to run it with. The pilot is painted out in white armour with gold trim, and I chose that scheme because I hadn't done white before and figured it would stand out.

I had some trouble fitting in the dashboard, and had to cut out the column that it sits on because it was being a problem to fit. It all glued together well in the end though. Although the kit is really well engineered, and goes together really easily, so it's not a criticism. Its just difficult to get together with the pilot in place.

The missile pods have been magnetised so I can switch between either missile load out (typhoon or sky hammer).


I've still got some small details to finish - mostly sensors and lights, and then I'll add some decals to finish up, and a final bit of weathering. I've already added some scorching to the hull, but I need o add some chipping to the paintwork on the hull.

No comments:

Post a Comment