• Basilica Administratum [1]

Beeb and I have been wanting to run some Kill Team games using the new mission from Battle Missions. Some nights we find it hard to finish playing a game, because he's not allowed to stay up too late. And figuring a 200 point game should go a bit quicker, we set out to play Kill Team.

Unfortunately we discovered quickly we're a bit short on terrain that provides cover saves. So we're going to start on an extensive building program to get some more building scenery completed. Might also be handy to run some Cities of Death games.

I've assembled it in a fairly standard way, and it's constructed as per the instructions. I've gone with the three storey version, as I wanted something that was a taller than the Manufactorum. I wish they wouldn't put pictures of these epic creations in the instructions that infer you could assemble the kit to look like this, but really you can't because there isn't enough parts. I avoided getting sucked in by it this time, by laying the parts out in pre-assemblies, so I could see what I had an what I was short of.

The assembly was pretty quick and easy this time, mostly because I learned a lot of lessons with the Manufactorum. The walls went together pretty quickly with no gaps this time, and the flooring slotted in easily. Some of the little fiddly bits like the stylized eagle statuary that go around the balconies are still a bit of a paint to keep in place until the glue tacks up though.

No comments:

Post a Comment