• Mumakil [3]

Finally finished all the puttying, and sprayed the Mumakil with Chaos Black primer. I started on the flesh, drybrushing it with Adeptus Battlegray, then highlighting the raised parts with a drybrush of Fortress Gray. With the flesh finished, I've started on the wooden framing of the howdah on its back. I've started painting that with Calthan Brown. A highlight of Bestial Brown wasn't too successful though, as it looks to much like Calthan Brown to be noticeable. I'll have to try a different brown. When it's all done, I'll wash it with Devlan Mud to tone it all down - it's a bit bright at the moment.

I've also made a start on the detailed base. I've painted the ground with Scorched Brown, then dry brushed with Bestial Brown, and some highlights of Vomit Brown. I'm thinking it may be too brown at the point, so I may to a light drybrush with Bleached Bone. I've got to check out some photos of it finished first, and see what it looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment