• Clanrats [1]

I'm working on my first 20 Clanrats and trying to batch paint them as fast as possible, while still having acceptable looking models for the tabletop. I've tried to restrict myself in colors, and to using Foundation/Base paints only, with either Badab Black, Devlan Mud, Ogryn Flesh, or Thraka Green washes.

So far they're coming along pretty well, and I was surprised how good they still look. I should have the first batch finished by the weekend. All the flesh, clothing, and armor are finished now. I've just got a few small details left, like claws, teeth, jewellery etc.

I saved a ton of time with the bases by using the new textured paint. It does take two applications to get a reasonable coverage, and you don't paint it on so much as dab it onto the base to get the necessary chunkiness. It looks great, especially after a drybrush of bleached bone. I might give the grass tufts a try to see what they're like as well, and the textured paint might make it easy to cover up the white glue base around the tufts. My only complaint with the textured paint, is that the pots are too small. After two applications on 20 bases, I've nearly used up the whole pot. The Vallejo textured paint comes in a big can, and is a lot better value than the Games Workshop stuff. I really wish they'd start to get realistic about some of their products - I know they want sales, but it's annoying to have to keep running back to the store for some items when they run out so quickly - it just aggravates me to use other products.

Once these are done, I'll get onto the other 60...

No comments:

Post a Comment