• Queek Headtaker [1]

I'm working on Queek Headtaker at the moment, as a nice little break from painting troops. He's a pretty cool model, with a dynamic pose, and a really cool trophy rack on his back - adorned with skulls, severed heads, and hands.

The trophy rack is nearly finished, with just a little highlighting on the wood and skulls to complete. The armor has been started, but I've been having such a hard time getting the red to look good. Blood Red has never been a particularly good paint - its hard to get good coverage, and it always looks streaky without building up a lot of layers. I went and got one of the new Red layer paints to try, and so far its been a lot better. I'm a little undecided whether it looks a bit pink or not - its a kind of pinky watermelon-type red - so I have been wondering whether to hit it with a red glaze or not. I'll have a good look at it in natural light then make a decision about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment