• Festus the Leechlord [1]

So driven by all the encouragement I've been receiving from friends and online supporters, I've decided to dip my toe into the world of commission painting and see if I can self-fund my hobby interests. Also I thought it might be a good way to continue enjoying painting, grow my skills, and get to paint models outside my core armies, without them necessarily cluttering up my house - cos I have way too many models right now!

To get started I purchased Festus the Leechlord from the Warriors of Chaos army, and I've started painting him up. He's a pretty cool model, with tons of detail, and quite a few unusual things I haven't painted before so it should stretch me. I've been doing some glazing on the skin using red, green and purple washes to make the sickly putrescent skin. The tentacle also had a number of different purple shades, followed up different washes to create the look of color shifting on the tentacle.

I've been filming the process of painting this miniature, so I'll be able to put up a tutorial on how to paint Festus fairly soon. I'm still working on improving my video setup, and doubtless it will continue to evolve for a while yet, but I'm mastering iMovie and doing some nice editing and effects now. Some collaboration with Project One Gaming is in ongoing discussions, so look for some projects to pop up there soon too.

No comments:

Post a Comment