• Truscale Stormraven [8]

Got the Grey Knights Stormraven out to do some more work on it after Sladie wanted to borrow it for a tournament. I'd shelved it for awhile because i wasn't that happy with how the finish was looking on it. Anyway with a bit of motivation, I put in some effort over the weekend, and it's looking a lot better. The grungy metallic finish was given some highlights with the airbrush to brighten it up a little bit. The red trim was fixed up, including the turret gunner, and I've since repainted the front nose trim.

The interior has now been fully finished. I've added scorching to the body work and soot to the vents, and exhausts. The hurricane bolters were tacked to the bodywork for the tournament, but I've decided they look quite good there, so I'm going to modify them to fit them onto the body aft of the doors. The additional firepower would probably be welcome too, as it was a bit undergunned before. Funnily enough it outperformed expectations in the tournament, so the extra guns are a good idea from a play point of view too.

The servitor and controls in the turret have been completed now. The insignia on the body have been completed. I may still add some red stripes for interest, hazard stripes around gear etc. The problem with so much silver is it tends to look a bit boring, so I'm looking to break some of that up a bit with spot color.

No comments:

Post a Comment