• Festus the Leechlord [2]

Making good progress on Festus. Doing a lot of the fine detail work now, and it's always surprising when you paint in something like eyes and teeth how the miniature seems to come to life. Doing more work making the contents off his backpack and rotten and disgusting as possible. I've painted in the hunks of exposed skull, ribs, and bone that's sticking out of the whole rotted mess. Lots more green, red, and purple washing. Thinking about mixing up some blood with water effects for that extra gooey look!

Been working on the Nurgling a bit too, but I feel i need to do more work on his skin. Not quite sure what its missing - maybe add some sores, or freckles to the skin? Definitely some rot to its belly where there is holes in the skin.

The vials and beakers of plague have been painted in, and I'm pretty happy with how they came out. I even added in some subtle bubbles in the beakers. I will varnish them with gloss varnish when the model is completed.

I've made a good start on the victim and he's starting to look pretty decayed. I still need to add some of the poisonous liquid running down his face, and out of some of the holes in the torso. I had thought about making the fluid glowing, but I think that might be a bit too close to warpstone, so I won't do that - also it would be a little bit too Reanimator!

Finally I need to make up my mind about the base. I had thought about doing a diorama-style base so i could have him standing in a subterranean sewer, torturing his victim, perhaps virulent waste and decay oozing over the flagstones and into the sewer water below, contaminating the towns supply? But not sure whether to bother going to that much effort as I'm planning to sell the figure anyway, and I'm not sure if I'd get more return by doing it? Or will the potential purchaser just want it for play in they're army? I could magnetize it? Hmmm decisions decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment