• Scenery Progress

After a fun game at Games Workshop yesterday, Beeb and I came home motivated to get our own gaming table finished so we can play together. I dusted off the crashed Aquila pieces, and got to work finishing them. Two hours later, they were all done and I'm pretty pleased with them. They look great, and I'm especially pleased with the engine bay on the crashed ship. They'll fit in nicely with our Mars-style board.

I also made some good progress on finishing the sinkhole tile. The styrofoam hunks are all finished around the hole, and I've glued down a layer of sand and gravel to the top of the board, and down in the sinkhole base. I mixed up some spackle to cover the foam in, but unfortunately the packet didn't make enough so I wasn't able to finish the job. I'll get another packet this week, finish covering the foam, and then I'll be able to do another sand/rock glue before painting.

Looking at the board now, I figure I'm going to need to make two more plain tiles to give us a bit more area. The terrain feature areas are probably best to go in the middle of the table, with the plain areas at either end to allow placement of movable terrain features: buildings, etc. It would also allow either player to have a deployment zone. At the moment, I don't think anyone would be too keen to deploy in a sinkhole!

No comments:

Post a Comment