• Crisis Suit Team [2]

I've nearly finished the Crisis Suit team now, and I'm just working on fine details now and basing. The suits are looking really good, and I've never had a complete unit done before, so it's quite exciting to see them all done and next to each other. I've been persevering with batch-painting my Plague Monks, so it wasn't too hard to transfer my new found patience for batch-painting over to the Crisis Suits.

I had trouble painting some of them assembled because of the way they'd been posed by the previous owner, so I had to snap off the problem arms, paint them, then pin them back onto the bodies when they were done. I haven't bothered to magnetize these suits, but that's okay because they're all equipped the same anyway, which makes them a cohesive unit.

The object source lighting is coming along good, and I've learned some new techniques from other painters which have been helpful. I want to bust out the Green Stuff and try making some weapon effects now too, then paint them up with glows, etc.

I realised I had 4 suits now, and I might get another two suits to make a second squad. I'd also had a couple of ideas for a special themed suit that I'd like to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment