• Reclusiarch [1]

I was thinking about playing in the Lunchhammer games that Games Workshop is currently running - 500pts list, one HQ, one troops, and whatever else you want, but no named characters. So I built a list around my Blood Angels which are my most complete army at the moment, and I selected a Reclusiarch to lead my Death Company. Unfortunately I usually lead them with Lemartes, and since he's a named character, I needed to get a generic leader. Enter the Reclusiarch...

This is the Finecast model, so the usual quality problems were there. It's not the worst mold I've ever had, but there were quite a few small holes that needed filling with liquid green stuff. I clipped the models base tab, and pinned it to a Back-2-base-ix desert themed base, filling in the gaps with green stuff, and then painting on some textured paint to cover the green stuff.

The whole model was base-coated with Vallejo grey primer (have to remember to shake the hell out of this stuff, as the pigment seems to seperate from the binder when its been sitting for awhile), and then I mixed up a blue/black mix. The whole figure was sprayed with this mix, and then some white was added to the mix for the highlights. The highlights were sprayed down from the top on the armor to provide zenithal lighting.

All the gold elements were picked out with Tin Bitz, then gold, and washed with Devlan Mud.

The chains, armor joints, grenade etc were painted with Leadbelcher, then washed with Badab Black.

The base, scrolls, and purity seal papers were base-coated with Khemri Brown.

Still a bit of detail work to go, but it was 2:30 in the morning, and I figured I'd better sleep before work. Such a nuisance when work gets in the way of hobby. Ha! I'll see if I can finish the Reclusiarch tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment