• Engine Glows

I've been working on my Tau vehicles, getting them polished towards completion. I saw an excellent tutorial on Advanced Tau Tactica for painting engine glows, and various glow effects on figures. So I followed the instructions and painted glows into the various vents and intakes on the Devilfish/Hammerhead/Skyray/Piranha engines. Started off with applying Regal Blue to the whole panel, and dry brushing around the edges if I wanted some cast off light. Then added a sphere of Ultramarine Blue, then a small sphere of Enchanted Blue (which I'm using for the first time, and it's probably my new favourite paint), and then a small line or flattened sphere of Ice Blue, with a final dot of Skull White in the centre.

I couldn't be happier with the effect - it looks great. I'm excited to try more lighting effects now, and so far variations on this has worked well for the side vents, plasma guns, and various exhausts. I've also tried to do some lighting around the sensors and on the 'eyes' of the battlesuits.

No comments:

Post a Comment