• Tau landing pad

I'm absolutely itching to get some games going, so I've been working a lot on getting the game boards finished, and some terrain. I haven't had anything for the Tau for some time, so I've started by building a Tau landing pad. The base is made from a plastic container drum that line trimmer cord comes in, detailed with pieces of plasticard.

The ramp is made up of foamcore, detailed with plasticard. I had some problems getting the ramp to fit flush with the soft plastic base, but overall I'm pretty satisfied with it, even though there is a gap. I'm still looking for some small rounded domes (or slightly flattened domes) to attach to the larger side panels. I'm loathe to use drone bodies as they're too damned expensive, so I'm currently trawling the reject shops for some interesting greeblies to use.

Painting is also an issue, and I'm trying to figure out a way to make that work. Initial tests with a plain white spray weren't that great, so I'm thinking it will probably need a black undercoat, followed by some airbrushed levels up to white, so I can get some shading going around the panel lines. The central part inside the Tau logo on the pad is going to be Mechrite Red.

No comments:

Post a Comment