• Leman Russ DIY Progress

I've just about completed the Leman Russ bodywork, and I'll be starting on the paintwork next. I've just got to make an element for the rear side track axle, and the forward view window above the main barrel, but otherwise it's complete.

I made up some additional armor panels, and attached them with rivets so they look more like the newer Leman Russ models. The aquila I borrowed from a Predator tank, although I'm waiting for some more bits to come from Back2baseix.

There was a hell of a lot of mucking around to get the treads on right, especially since the instructions don't seem to be correct. I even had to cut one of the tread links out of the bottom of a larger tread piece to get it to fit together correctly.

I'm probably not going to bother scratchbuilding sponsons now, as I like it just the way it is, and it can represent an older variant of the Leman Russ. I'm thinking about naming it and doing some nose art up for the tank.

I've enjoyed putting this together so much, I think I'd like some more tanks now. I'm starting to form a mechanised addiction now, maybe a newer Leman Russ next? I'd quite like to do one of the newer kits, and magnetize the sponsons and main gun so I could swap between the variants.

No comments:

Post a Comment