• Lightning Cannon [2]

So the cannon is almost completed now. I've just got some weathering work to do, adding scratches to the metal, some rust, dirt on the wheels etc. I went in and painted a lightning effect along the green core of the barrel which looks great - adds another point of interest. The various little levers and wheels have been attached to their pins, and the front plate with serrated knives has been attached. I wasn't that happy with the brass finish on the front plate, so I repainted it again messily with Tin Bitz and Dwarven Bronze, and then gave it a couple of heavy washes of Devlan Mud. Looks great now! And I think the repaint worked in with the previous paint job showing through, so its given the brass this kind of worn discolored look which I'm really liking.

The last crew member needs to have his pants painted, and then he can be attached to the cannon as well. The base has been covered in sand, and needs painting and some flock attached. Not sure how much of the base will end up showing though, since the cannon pretty much covers the entire base - so I won't go too far out with it.

I realised I'd forgotten to paint the cables that were running around the inside of the wooden frame, so I had to paint those very carefully with Mechrite Red. It was pretty fiddly trying to get the brush through the struts to paint it, but it turned out to be achievable with some patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment