• Lightning Cannon [1]

Here's my large artillery piece for my Skaven army - the Lightning Cannon, one of Clan Skyre's nasty innovations. It's quite a straightforward kit to build, but like the Doomwheel, it needs a lot of painting in sections before assembling. All the cannon framework was painted in seperate pieces and then assembled afterward so I could reach all the sides. The wheels were also done seperately. The only part that was assembled and painted was the cannon itself. It was a little difficult to paint the barrel piece inside the cowling but it can be done.

I saved a lot of time initially by base boating the parts with the airbrush. All the brass and most of the Boltgun Metal parts were sprayed, as was all the wooden parts using Vallejo browns. I used the same painting scheme as the Doomwheel, except for washing the wooden parts different colors. But the usual dry brush of Bleached Bone, and wash with Devlan Mud was applied.

I still have some detail work to finish up, including rust and dirtying up the parts. The crew have been started too, and should be finished soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment