• Doomwheel [3]

The Doomwheel is nearly complete now.  I've finished all the warpstone, and the driver is finished. He looks great with his gas mask, and night vision goggles on - painting the object source lighting on the goggles was fun too! Shame he's hard to see in the picture, but I'll try doing some better lit pictures when it's finished.

It's all assembled now except for the side blades which are still loose, so i can get at any small details which might need finishing. I'm going to apply some rust to the metal blades, and some more verdigris to the brass parts.

The banner also needs starting, and I've been practicing the design on paper with a pen at work so I can paint it well. I'm probably going to go with a Clan Skyre motif for the emblem.

I'm going to try doing a base with a run over Dwarf on it. I 'won' a sprue of dwarves from the GW store, but they very kindly didn't supply me with any arms, so they're a little bit useless. I might snip one off, suitable mangle it and try to jam it under the wheel. It might require sculpting some bits n'pieces on, but I'll give it a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment