• Stormvermin [1]

Made a start on my Stormvermin. After discovering that I shouldn't be spraying Vallejo Red because it has Cadmium in it, I switched to a Model Air deep red, and sprayed out the base cloth on the vermin. It's quite an unusual paint, very opaque, and didn't cover all that well. I had to do two coats, then built up highlights with Mephiston and Wazdakka Red. Looks great, but a lot more effort than a base color and wash! I'll probably stick with it though, as my Stormvermin are my elite unit, and I don't mind if they look the best they can. This has also meant keeping the rusting to a minimum on this unit, as they should have the best armor, not old rusted out hand-me-downs like the Clanrats.

I started off with the Captain and Banner Bearer as my test models. I still have to paint some insignia on the banner. It's nice to have a proper banner to paint some freehand on, as the last two Clanrats units have not had cloth banners.

The fur has been Rhinox Brown with whatever brown highlight color I want to use on the fur tips. XV-88 has been quite effective - its similar to the old Snakebite Leather.

No comments:

Post a Comment