• My Little Space Marine

My son's got a bit of an obsession with My Little Pony at the moment (seems to be the current teen fad), and started making a Pony-themed Space Marine Chapter a while back. He's got three in an assortment of colors. Periodically he asks me to paint the symbols from the ponies onto the Marine's shoulder pads. This one is carrying a back banner that I did for him.

I had a couple of goes at planning the banner out on paper, and doing some practice runs at drawing the pony. I then sat down and painted it freehand onto the banner in about 20 minutes. I think it came out pretty well. People seem a bit polarized about it - they either think its hilarious, or they scream sacrilege. I think it's find of funny. I hope he finishes more, because I'd love to see him play them in some games. Imagine getting beaten by an assortment of rainbow colored Marines! Lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment