• Chaos Restrained

If you know my hobby space, your probably well aware that there's stuff everywhere - multiple models in progress, parts for modifications, paints, tools, all over the surface. Sometimes I have to take my computer keyboard away just to have enough space to paint in. And as I've mentioned before it's getting worse, with models spilling over into the kitchen, lounge and garage. So my very thoughtful partner purchased me the long paint rack with dual drawers and tool rack with drawer from Back-2-Base-IX to help organize my work space.

The racks took a little bit of time to assemble, but the video instructions on the companies Youtube channel certainly helped. Once I'd completed the first one, I had a pretty good understanding of the concepts and process with assembling it, and it didn't take long after that. One of the most time consuming parts is removing all the protective paper that covers the acrylic parts. Also be aware that you need to assemble the magnets to the side parts prior to assembling the racks. The magnet assembly instructions are in a separate video, and are not covered in the step-by-step process for the racks, so initially i missed this part, and had to disassemble slightly to correct. The magnets are work doing as they allow the modular parts of rack to join up with each other.

I've still got quite a few paints, so I'll have to buy some more rack parts to extend it, especially for my Vallejo paints - the rack I have covers most of my GW-style paints. The tool rack holds my files, scalpels, spare blades, paint brushes, textured paint, glue, and sand (the rack still isn't full!). I'll probably look at getting a corner join for the paint rack, and another straight section after Christmas. In the meantime, it's tidied up quite a lot of my work space, and I just have to start putting some models away in their cases instead of standing formation on the bench top.

No comments:

Post a Comment