• Ghost Knights [1]

I've finally made a good start on the Ghost Knights. I agonised over how to do these for months, looked at other examples that were out there, and really struggled with cutting an $80 squad up with a Dremel! Took a bit of a push (months of procrastinating!), but I've finally got a squad of Knights that are incorporeally phasing from the ground, out of the rubble. The idea is that as they phase up and form, they solidify becoming more real.

The Knights were assembled and cleaned up as usual. Then I made some bases up and worked out how the Knights would be posed on them. Then I cut the knights legs up so they would fit into the rubble etc on the bases, pinned them, and used green stuff to flow the legs into the bases and rubble. Once that was done and everything had hardened, I basecoated the models with Vallejo Black Primer.

The Knights were then sprayed with Vallejo Oily Silver and a coat of Silver for the zenithal highlighting. To make them look incorporeal, I then sprayed pure white around the feet and on the bases, travelling up the model for as much as I wanted to look ghostly. When that was dry, the white on the model and base was washed with Green washes, to add shading and tint the white to get the ethereal looking glow effect. The technique is the same as painting the Mortis Engine for Vampire Counts. I've still got a bit to do, but it's looking promising so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment