• Castellan Crowe [2]

Finally finished Castellan Crowe and I'm quite happy with the paint job, but I'm still not very thrilled with the quality of the Finecast. Still sometimes you just have to cut your losses. It still came out pretty well, and the freehand on the cape worked well. It wasn't that hard to get a reasonably straight line on the cape, but the little arrows took a while to do. I'd freehand the arrowhead in roughly the right space, then make the stick to join it to the border. Any mistakes could be fixed up with red paint.

I went back and touched up the banner a bit till I was happier with the non metallic gold on it, added some more highlights to the cape, and improved the whites and edging on the shoulder pads with some Celestra Grey. Lettering on the banners, books, and purity seals was careful applied with an 0 gauge brush and Rhinox Brown.

I added some of the snow tundra foliage to the base as well, to add a bit of interest. Looks better than I thought it would, although I did add some snow partially fallen into the tundra since this photo was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment