• Brotherhood Champion [1]

I picked up a Brotherhood Champion from the local comic store, which surprisingly was carrying some of the Finecast recasts of the older Grey Knight models. This one is really cool because his stormbolter has an ammo belt running to the back of his armor. I hadn't seen that before, and I'm think I'd like to do a unit of Terminators with the ammo belted guns now. One thing that slightly annoys me with this figure is that the pose seems slightly off, he's lurching forward on both feet, almost like he's doing a jump, but the head is at a strange tilt. It's a really odd pose, and I might alter it if I do another Champion later.

I added in the eagle backpack from the Space Marine Commander sprue, with a Grey Knights banner left over from the Kaldor Draigo model that I used as a basis for Grandmaster Mordrak. I also added some more plastic purity seals to his armor. I did toy with the idea of replacing his sword, as the blade seems a little bit short, but it seemed okay alongside the small falchion-style swords that the troops wield. But it seemed like a lot of mucking around for little return so I left it alone.

He's pinned to a snow base with some of the GW tundra tufts from the snow basing kit. The armor was painted with Vallejo Oily Steel, then given zenithal highlighting with Vallejo Silver. The shoulder pad and glacius plate were painted with light grey, then painted white. The red crenallation heraldry was painted free hand using a red base paint, then painted over with a bright red color. The purity seals were painted the same, except for the cloth strips which are Khemri Brown basecoat, then Bleached Bone, with white edging. The seals were given a light wash of Devlan Mud. The golds were painted with Tin Bitz first, then Old Gold, then a wash of Devlan Mud. Highlights were done with silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment