• Exalted Vermin Lord [1]

I was absolutely thrilled to find my package on the doorstep last night with the wonderful Forgeworld Exalted Vermin Lord lurking inside. It's my first Forgeworld model, and I have to say the quality is fantastic! I don't know what they're doing differently with their stuff versus Finecast, but the quality difference is staggering. No bubbles, no thin cast parts, very few seams! The detail is beautiful with all everything from wrinkles, zits, warpstone, carved sigils, and fine texture in the horns visible! All the little rats scurrying up the arch behind the Vermin Lord are highly detailed. It's an amazing miniature, and I'll definitely be saving up for more Forgeworld goodness!

The model went together quite easily, with the only real time consuming problem was removing some of the large plugs from the parts - particularly the arms. I pinned it all together, including the arch to the base. There was a small number of visible seams that needed to be carefully filed down, but no obvious pits or bubbles in the resin. After the parts were pinned on and dry, I used the liquid greenstuff to fill in any gaps. The largest gaps were where the arms joined onto the body, particularly the arm holding the glaive. It took a few applications to satisfactorily fill the gap.

I still need to straighten on of the blades on the glaive which I'll do tonight with the hair dryer. Then I'll do a couple more visual crawls over the model to make sure I've got all the seams removed, and cracks filled. I'm also thinking about detailing the base further before I start painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment