• Screaming Bell [1]

 Here's my army centrepiece - the Screaming Bell. I couldn't resist this sitting in the garage anymore, so I've started working on it. It's mostly wood and some metal elements, so it lends itself really well to being airbrushed. I got all the framework off the sprues, cleaned up the seam lines, and sprayed out all the wooden parts with brown. I then drybrushed the parts with Bleached Bone, and washed it all with Devlan Mud. All the metal fittings were painted with Boltgun Metal and washed with Badab Black. The brass parts were painted with Tin Bitz, then Dwarven Brass, and washed with Devlan Mud.

For the bell I tried out a new bronze paint, and then sprayed on some brass highlights. I sprayed on the green glow around the warpstone, and the runes on the rim of the bell. I then painted in the warpstone and runes with Goblin Green and Scorpion Green highlights. A further highlight using a thinned Golden Yellow, and some spot highlights of Skull White on the pointed facets of the crystals completed the look.


The ropes were painted with Calthan Brown and washed with Devlan Mud. The rocks were drybrushed in shades of grey, then washed with Devlan Mud, then the highlights were carefully drybrushed again with Fortress Grey. The bandages were painted with Bleached Bone, then washed with Devlan Mud, and the edges of the straps hilighted carefully with Bleached Bone and Skull White.

I'll be working on the wheels, decking, and the arched pieces for the bell to attach too.

No comments:

Post a Comment