• Hellpit Abomination [2]

I liked the black and white colored scheme that the Abomination features on the box art, but I wasn't sure about the white, so to break up the large expanse of flesh, I took Vallejo Chocolate Brown, mixed in some Black, and then carefully sprayed down the back of the creature, allowing some of the color to travel under the arms, and across some of the flesh folds. I carefully shaded the individual rat heads on the top of the creature.

To add some shading under the body of the creature I took a grey, and mixed in a small amount of medium blue, then carefully sprayed under the body, under the legs, and back up under the bottom/tail area of the model.

I might do another mix of Brown/Black, but slightly darker, to add some variation in the coloring on the model - maybe just shade the higher parts of the model with the darker mix. Not quite sure yet? But it's looking good so far. Breaks up all the flesh quite nicely, and adds some interest to the model.

No comments:

Post a Comment