• Color Sergeant Kell [2]

More progress on Color Sergeant Kell. His banner is finished on the front side, and I've started painting up the large Aquila on the back. It's the first time I've tried using browns to do a faux-gold (non-metallic) effect, and I'm pretty happy with how its turned out. I may try doing some Sanguinary Guard for my Blood Angels next.

I'm continuing to pick out more of the detail on his uniform and equipment. His skin has been given some more highlighting, and I've added in eyes, teeth, etc. I still need to do some edge highlighting on the Catachan Green armor panels, but I don't want to use pure Goblin Green as it's too much. So I might try blending the Catachan and Goblin together to see if it works a bit more subtle.

The yellow tassles hanging from the banner were painted with Skull White, then Golden Yellow, and highlighted with Bad Moon Yellow. I then washed the tassles with Gryphonne Sepia to tie the colors together.

I did find a couple more holes on the model, which I filled in with liquid green stuff again - the butt of the gun. Bit of a nuisance again, but there hasn't been many issues with this model, so it's not so bad, and I won't get into beating on Finecast here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment