• Ork Big Mek [1]

I just went away on holiday in Perth for a week, and after not being able to paint or do any hobby, I was starting to get a bit desperate for a miniature fix. After getting horribly sunburnt earlier in the week, I ended up in the Perth Games Workshop and bought this Big Mek. I've always liked this model, and I do have a small Ork force, so I thought I'd get one and have a go - besides which, it's nice to take a break from doing Grey Knights for awhile.

This miniature now holds my personal record for the absolute worst Finecast casting I have seen yet. There were so many holes, so many pieces missing, so many misformed components. Some of it you can get away with because it's an Ork and there stuff is supposed to looked knocked about, but I still think the quality is inexcusable considering its a $40 model. I spent so much time filling in holes with liquid greenstuff, and repairing malformed parts with green stuff! The cables and the brass disks on the generator rods were the absolute worst, but pretty much everything had holes in it.

The Ork flesh was painted with Knarloc Green basecoat, then Dark Angels Green highlight, Goblin Green and Dark Angels Green mixed and layered on, layering up to pure Goblin Green, then a final highlight of Goblin Green and Bleached Bone mixed together.

As my Orks are Bad Moons I painted his clamp/axe combi-tool with Skull White, then Golden Yellow, and washed with Gryphonne Sepia to give it the orangey color. I'm going to keep on painting him up, then do some weathering on his equipment, clothing etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment