• Ork Big Mek [2]

Been doing some more detail work on the Ork Big Mek, most noticeably adding the checker marks to the shoulder pauldron. I fixed up the axe blades, adding some Mithril Silver, and Chainmail highlights. I then added some scratches to the yellow paint on the axe/clamp head.

I've gone back and re-base-coated the Chaos Black parts of machinery, and started adding Codex Grey highlighting to the edges of the components.

I added some more very fine highlights of Bleached Bone to the skin and musculature of the Ork. This helps it pop a bit more.

The claws were painted with a mix of Orkhide Shade and Hawk Turquoise, which I gradually increased the amount of turquoise to add the highlights on the claws.

I've still got a bit of a problem with the cable from the hand device that is supposed to lead to the backpack. It doesn't plug in because a section of it was missing from the sculpt. I thought I might have been able to bend the resin around carefully, but I'm thinking I may have to bridge it with something now. I'll have a look in the bits box and see if I've got some hose left over from another model to complete that connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment