• Rat Ogres [2]

I continued on adding some highlights to the flesh tones. I particularly wanted to get it into a lighter tone, and away from the purplish color that it was before. I mixed in some Bleached Bone to the Tallarn Flesh on the wet palette, then started picking out the muscles and skin. I added in more Bleached Bone for successive highlights.

I then used a very light purple wash in the various wounds, cuts, stitched up skin, to make the skin look a little raw and angry. I also carefully put it into some of the skin folds, such as under the arms, neck, etc.

The patchy fur was painted with Charadon Granite, then washed with Badab Black to darken it up a bit. The fur still needs some highlighting applied.The tabard was painted with Mechrite Red, then shaded with a green wash. The tabard was then highlighted with Red Gore, and Blood Red.

The armor on his arm was too light with just Boltgun Metal, even after washing it with Badab Black, so I took some Boltgun Metal and mixed in some Chaos Black to darken it up. I applied it leaving some of the boltgun showing between the plating. When it was dry I've started to pick out scratches and some highlighting with Chainmail and Mithril Silver.

The teeth were painted with Khemri Brown, then streaked with Bestial Brown, and Bleached Bone for the tooth proper. The bandages were painted with Khemri Brown, then highlighted with Kommando Khaki, and edge highlighting of Bleached Bone. I washed the bandages with Devlan Mud to dirty them up a bit. The stitching was painted with Adeptus Battlegray, then highlighted with Codex Grey so they would stand out from the flesh and really feature on the model. Finally the eyes were blacked with Codex Black, then Mechrite Red, Blood Red, and a final spot of orange for the pupil.

Overall, he's coming along brilliant so far, and I'm really enjoying painting this model. I'll have to do a bit more on his mate, and the Skaven handler to complete the unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment