• Watching my bewilderment

 Look I'm excited as the next LOTR geek for any new plastic crack from GW, but what the hell is this monstrosity? I like the tentacles, i like the head, beak, etc. It looks like the one from the movie, but what the hell is it doing with an oversized prawn body, crawling about on the beach? I don't remember that ever happening, in the book or the movie?!

I was always under the impression that the Watcher in the Water was some kind of Kraken, not a mutated prawn? The legs and body looks ridiculous. So the question becomes, could I justify buying a $116 model, to saw off the lower body and place it in a water base as it should have been done? It should have been the some of the head sticking out of the water, perhaps with some nice textured waves etc on the base, rolling away from the head, then the tentacles should have been flailing about from out of the water. That would have made a lot more sense to me. Heck they did some lovely wave bases for their Dreadfleet set, so it's not like they couldn't have made this really special.

I guess they're trying to make it into a critter to charge across a battlefield, but it just comes across absolutely ridiculous! I might wait and see if one pops up on eBay then get it, and modify the crap out of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment