• Grey Knight Purifiers [1]

Here's my purifier squad - not that exciting so far, except that these are the first troops i've tried using the airbrush on. Over a Chaos Black basecoat, I've sprayed a mix of Vallejo Oily Metal and a very small amount of Enchanted Blue (just enough to tint the metal). I've then hit the figures with a light highlighting of Vallejo Silver. I'm not sure that I've got the highlighting bright enough yet, and that probably accounts for the grittiness of the finish too. I may go back and try building up a bit more silver on the figures. Overall I'm pretty happy with how its went so far. Like anything there is a fairly steep learning curve in the beginning, and I'm still learning a lot about using the airbrush.

I would also like to try spraying some of the OSL effects on, particularly the lighting on the helmet lenses, but I will need to get the white helmets done first.  I really hate doing white though, because its so hard to get looking good. I've been building up from greys, so I might try doing that again. Otherwise, I may go a creme instead of a white, as I've seen that done on Deathwing Terminators and it looks pretty spiffy.

I've also got a Castellan Crowe to lead the squad, but so far I'm not enjoying painting him at all. The Finecast molding on him is awful - his helmet and shoulderpad are lumpy and misshapen. I'm not sure what to do with him at the moment. I really wish they'd fix the damn casting issues with Finecast, as its still so uneven in its quality, and for the expense its just not good enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment