• Grey Knight Purifiers [2]

So I'm focused on finishing my Purifier squad at the moment, along with Castellan Crowe. This is the Knight of the Flame who leads them - he's my practice miniature so he's further along than the rest of the squad. Not too much left to do on this one now, just a few small details, books, insignia etc to finish, some layering on the red parts of the tabard, and a few highlights.

I painted the hammer head in white because he wasn't wearing a helmet and didn't have that to help identify he is a Purifier. I would like to get it looking a little more like marble though, so I'm going to have a go at texturing it. I found this tutorial on Massive Voodoo that looks like it produces a nice looking marble, so I'll give that a try.

He's also got a separate white helmet that I'll probably have lying in the snow on the base. I took a Grey Knight helmeted head, cut off the neck joint, then drilled out the inside of the helmet so it looks like he's removed it. Should help to provide another visual link to his squad.

The rest of the squad have all had their armor finished, their white shoulder pads and helmets are done, and I'm starting to batch paint all the detail on them now. I finished the blades on the halberds, and now I'm painting all the gold detail on the models.

No comments:

Post a Comment