• Lord Kaldor Draigo [1]

Been making some good progress on Kaldor Draigo. Trying desperately to get my Grey Knights finished so I can get some games in. The GW guys keep asking me when I'm gonna come in for some games, but I can't bring myself to play with unfinished models!

I tried out the suggestion of mixing Silvers with Asurmen Blue. It worked great, adding a much more subtle blue tint to the armor now. I found washing the armor in Asurmen Blue was either too blue, or the wash would pool and you'd get water marks of blue on the armor. This looks much better now.

I'm working on picking out all the detail on the model now. I'm very pleased with how his face has turned out, and I've only got to paint on his eyes to finish his face. Lips and teeth were done this morning and look good. I was going to use the helmeted version, but I'm glad I've used the bare head now, as it makes him different from all my other helmeted Grey Knights.

I added the energy effects to the blade, using Necron Blue basecoat, then working up shades of purple along the blade. Using the 0-gauge brush I added some purple lightning effects along the blade, emanating from the inquisition emblem on the blade.

I painted the liquid in the bottle which was hellishly difficult to do, but I tried to emulate what I'd seen the 'Eavy Metal guys paint. The bottle was painted in black, then the liquid was painted in a Dark Blue, then a Purple Liquid, shaded up with Liche Purple. Then I mixed blue into the purple mix and added the surface tension on the liquid. Adding some Codex Grey to the tint the mix, I then added the glass highlights, working up to a pure highlight on the glass of Skull White. Should look perfect one the glass vial has been given a Gloss Coat of varnish, but I won't do that until the whole thing is finished, as I'll want to spray the figure with matte varnish.

I'm continuing to detail the purity seals, books, and I still have the tabard and cape to do. The back banner has also been started and I've painted the Inquisition seal gold, with the inset skulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment