• Ikit Klaw [4]

I had an urge to work on something a bit different, so I dug out Ikit to work on some more. I finished completing his robes, using shades of grey, building up from the Charadon Granite basecoat after washing with Badab Black. I used progressively lighter shades, moving through Codex Grey, and eventually adding in some Deneb Stone. The robes will need to have some Skaven designs detailed along the hem.

The armor plating was painted with a mix of Boltgun Metal and Chaos Black to keep the plating looking dark. I think I still need to add a painted coating on the plates, to make it look like the metal has been painted and that its not just bare metal. I'll apply this roughly so it looks like it has been knocked around and the metal has been exposed. I'll then add some Chainmail and Mithril Silver highlights and scratches to the plating.

The helmet had some Enchanted Blue added to the Boltgun/Black mix.I still need to do some shading, highlights etc on this. But I'll paint in Ikit's skin and fur before I go any further on that.

I've started to pick out some more of the Brass parts too, especially on the mechanical claw and staff. I started with Tin Bitz, then added Dwarven Brass. I still need to wash with Devlan Mud for shading.

The warpstone was painted with Gnarloc Green, then shades of Goblin Green, through Scorpion Green. I added some yellow into the last highlight. I'm not sure about that yet - whether I like it or not. I also still need to add the reflections from the glass, especially in the vials on Ikit's belt. And I'll need to do some OSL glow effects thrown onto the surrounding armor etc from the warpstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment