• Stormraven Gunship [5]

I've finished all the assembly now, with the turret and weapons pods completed. I've gone with the multi-melta on the forward turret, plasma on the upper turret, and hurricane bolters in the side sponsons.

I ordered some 7mm rare earth magnets, and have glued some inside the tail assembly so the magna-grapple should be functional now. I'm hoping to get one of the new Furioso Dreads and magnetize it so it was swing under the Stormraven for mission insertions. I'm also going to magnetize the wings so they can be removed for packing and transporting of the Stormraven.

I'm continuing to work on detail painting now. The interior is progressing, and I'm starting to paint the various computer displays, blinkies, and doodads. I've also made a start on the pilot, painting his armor with Mechrite Red and Blood Red at the moment. All the interior work has been basecoated with Deneb Stone, and looks great in its lighter contrasting color. I would like to add some shading to it, but I haven't quite worked out how to do that yet. I'll also have to use the weathering kit to dirty the interiors up when the painting is finished, so I can get them looking more functional, and less like its just rolled off the assembly line.

No comments:

Post a Comment