• Stormraven Gunship [4]

Started painting the interior of the Stormraven with Deneb Stone. Nice cool off white interior, then painted the gratings with Boltgun Metal and washed with Badab Black. Some of the interior wall panels are being picked out in contrasting gray shades.

I've attached some of the missing sub-assemblies such as landing gear wells, and made a start on the cockpit and pilot. The pilot has all been assembled, but left free at the moment so I can finish detailing him and the cockpit. I added the cockpit glass and window frame rails to the main canopy. It was fiddly and required care as I was using superglue, but I managed to do it without it fuming or marking the clear parts.

The engines have been painted with Boltgun Metal, and I've done a test fit of the assemblies. So far no problems, except a minor issue with getting the front ramp to fit on. The tolerances on the kit are extremely small, and the addition of paint on the ramp hinge meant it wouldn't fit on properly. I filed the paint back off the ramp hinge and its now working properly. Not sure how this will affect the rear ramp, as I haven't tested that yet, but it has a different mechanism so it may be okay.

I still have the weapon sponsons, turret, and forward weapons to finish assembling.

No comments:

Post a Comment