• Stormraven Gunship [1]

After a particularly bad week I decided to reward myself and order a Stormraven Gunship on Advance Order from Games Workshop. I was very impressed with the service, as I've never actually ordered anything off the website before. The model arrived within three days, and was well packaged. The store called me to pick up too! I found the service was excellent, and I would definitely use it again. I'm really excited to start working on the Stormraven, but I did think that the painting would be a bit of an ordeal after the Land Raider, so I purchased a Tamiya Bright Red spray paint to finish the hull with. Should save a lot of time. Has worked a treat with the Leman Russes, and let me focus more on painting the detail and weathering.

So far I'm really impressed with the kit. The instructions are very clear, the parts are all numbered and laid out on the sprues in a logical order. There is very little cleanup on the parts required. Mold lines are minimal or positioned in places that won't be visible on the kit. Mostly you just have to clean up where the tabs held the part to the sprue. The kit goes together very quickly - in half an hour I'd assembled the main hull.

You will want to assemble this in modules though, especially if you want to paint the interior details. I've purposely left the hull in sections at the moment, so I can do the interior before assembling the hull completely. The store also advised me to leave off the canopies so you can fit the clear parts after painting, and leave off the top air intake behind the turret, otherwise you can't fit the turret with it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment