• Stormraven Gunship [3]

All the major sub-assemblies have been completed now, and have had their red base-coat applied. The wing assemblies will probably need a couple of more coats, and I have to do some sanding and touch-ups on a couple of parts where the spray paint must have introduced moisture from the can, as the paint bubbled. I was surprised that the red paint ran out so fast - i'll have to pick up another can today.

So what's left over on the sprues now are detail pieces: weapons, turret assemblies, servitor and pilot. I'll be focusing on those separately later. Once the hull is finished painting, I'll be doing the interior painting, so I can get it assembled.

The worst parts for mold lines have been the landing gear, which have the line running right around the entire part. They required a bit of filing to clean up. Everything has gone together easily and quickly. The fits on the parts are perfect, and it's a beautifully engineered kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment