• Fire Warriors [1]

I'm still working on finishing up my second squad of Firewarriors. They're nearly done, and consequently I fell in love with them so much, I had to go back and tweak my first squad. Because I was originally using Bubonic Brown instead of Vomit Brown, they all look too yellow. But I've found a liberal wash of Gryphonne Sepia fixes that right up, and they look closer to squad 2 now.

Then I've had to go back and reapply the Sept markings in Skull White, and then add edging to the armor plates with Bleached Bone. I have to admit the edging really finishes them off nicely, and the difference it makes is quite astounding. It's definitely worth the extra effort! I've also changed the centre portion of the armored shoulder pad to Mechrite Red now, which breaks up the sea of Vomit Brown color a bit. I also liked the colors on the Stealth Team so much, that I wanted to carry some of that over into the army. The Mechrite Red/Red Gore shoulder panels now ties the army together better.

So I'm just plugging away with batch painting them in groups. I've never been good with batch painting - i get kind of bored and jump off to doing something else. I'm trying the complete it, and reward approach. I'll do a XV Battlesuit afterwards. yeh!

No comments:

Post a Comment