• Spearhead Releases

From what little I know about the Spearhead release, its looking like it might be some rules for mechanised assaults coming to us next month via White Dwarf. I'm thrilled we're getting an expansion for free. God knows the hobby costs enough money, and it's getting more expensive all the time. The more cynical of us about the place are decrying it as a cheap tactic to sell more tanks, whatever you think, it's still great to get some new goodies.

Advance pre-order has gone up for the new Leman Russ which completes the remaining missing variants, the extremely cool Manticore/Deathstrike, the Eldar Fire Prism/Night Spinner variant, Eldar Support Weapon, and the Command Sprue makes a welcome return. Pricing is looking to be about on par with the other releases ($83 for the tanks), which is fine. I still think they're currently getting a bit expensive, but as long as we're not getting another price hike here in the Land of Oz, that's okay with me.

I'm told the multiple missiles on the Manticore are combined to form the large missile for the Deathstrike variant. Hopefully they're able to be magnetized in some way so you can have either a Manticore or Deathstrike. I guess we'll wait and see. I'm definitely excited about the Manticore. The remaining Leman Russes aren't anything I'm overly excited about - I like the look of the previous releases with the fusion cannon (Vanquisher?) more. And I don't collect Eldar so they don't impact too much, although I do like the look of their grav-tanks. I do beg one thing of the mighty GW - please can we have some love for the Tau? It's about time we got some new models, even if we don't get a Codex update yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment