• Necron Lord [1]

 The little fella decided he wanted to get into Necrons when we went to the Games Workshop birthday party. I figured they'd be a nice easy army for him since they're a lot simpler to paint than Marines. I got him a single miniature to start with - the Necron Lord with Resurrection Orb in finecast.

The molding on this model was pretty good, and apart from a couple of big concave bubbles in the crystals, was perfect. I got him to fill them with some Liquid Greenstuff and the crystals were all good after that.

He didn't want to go with the usual green Necron motif, and he'd seen an orange scheme in the Codex, so he went with that. Lots of reds, oranges and yellows for the shading.

I did the lava base for him, trimmed off the crystals and added them to one of the rocks. Tried to add a little object source lighting from the lava onto the Necrons feet and legs.

He did a really good job on the model, and the only real change I made to it was the shoulder and knee pads which he originally had in orange. It just looked a bit much, and as it was a commander, I thought it needed some gold on the model, so I changed those parts to golds.

He's after a unit of troops next, so I might pick him up a box of troops for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment