• Shield Drone

Pulled apart my screwed-up shield drone and reassembled it properly this weekend. This was the first Tau model I got - a shield drone and Pathfinder Shas'ui. I painted out the Pathfinder in a snow camoflage scheme, and I'm not sure I want to repaint him now. I might just purchase another one instead, and make a little diorama or something with him. The shield drone was a total stuff up though, since I didn't know how to assemble one or what it should really look like, I put it together using all the parts in the packet. It was a shield drone with gun drone parts bolted on to the bottom of it. Consequently it was ridiculously overtall, and a bit of a mess. I managed to hack the gun structure back off the bottom of the shield mount, and removed the backwards mounted antenna and reattached it properly. It's now had a matching paint scheme for my cadre applied, and looks pretty good now. I'm about 300% happier with it than I was.

The entire drone was base coated in Chaos Black. A mix of Chaos Black and Skull White was then dry brushed onto the machine sections under the disc, and on the top of the lower disc section. The outside ring of the upper and lower disc were painted with Tausept Ocre, and then painted with Bubonic Brown. The inner disc of the upper and lower disc was painted with Mechrite Red, and then painted with Terracotta. The antenna was also finished in Terracotta, and Bubonic Brown panelling. The emitters on the lower disc were painted with Codex Gray, and highlighted with Fortress Gray. The eye sensors were painted with Red Gore, then Blood Red, and highlight of Blazing Orange, and tiny shiny hilights of Skull White. The Tau symbols were painted with Skull White. I put the cadre symbols on the side of the disc, and a designator symbol on the front of the drone disc for a shield drone.

No comments:

Post a Comment