• Truscale Stormraven [6]

I'm working on painting in the detail now as the basic hull surface is all finished. I masked up the side panels and sprayed in the red stripes. Then masked up again over the red and sprayed in the white center stripes. I've still got some clean up to do on there, as well as painting in the black crenellated stripes on either side of the white, and the black sword emblem (unless I can find an appropriate decal to apply).

I knocked over the cockpit quickly last night, mostly for satisfaction at having something finished. I painted in the cockpit monitors in greens, and then added in all the lights and gauges in different colors. I added a little fleck of Skull White to each control for the reflection.

The seat was painted Charadon Granite, then carefully edge highlighted with Codex Gray. I'm trying to keep the cockpit dark so the control elements really pop. I'll try to finish the pilot tonight.

I've also painted in the tail flaps - after realizing I'd stuffed up the tail and put it on backwards, which meant having to hack it off the top of the tail, clean it up, then reattach it the correct way around. And I've made a start on the assault cannons, painting the barrels in Boltgun Metal, and the rear body of the gun in black. The side guards have been painted up to Chaos White, ready for me to add the Blood Red, leaving the angled white band on the guards when completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment