• Truscale Stormraven [5]

To test out the sprayed hull, I selected the cockpit canopy to paint first. It was given a light coat of Boltgun Metal, then sprayed with a light coat of Chainmail after that. I then washed it with Badab Black, particularly in the recesses and panel lines to get some shading back into the metal.

I still need to do some edge highlights with Mithril Silver, but so far I'm really happy with the outcome. I may also do a very light wash of Asurmen Blue to put that blue tinge that Grey Knights have in their armor into the hull.

I've started some quick detail work, painting in the sensors for the missile pod, and starting to paint in the missiles. The lenses were painted in circular shades of blue, from a Chaos Black base. The highlights on the lenses are Skull White. The lenses will have to have a Gloss Varnish coat to give them shine, but I won't do that till the whole Stormraven is finished, and had a Matte Varnish coat first.

I've gone with a Codex Grey body, a Skull White band on a Golden Yellow tip on the missiles. I'll probably do the same on the wing missiles, although I did have an idea about doing a lense on the head of the missiles to make them look like IR/Heat Seeker missiles. Although this would mean i'd have to file down the pointed tips on the missiles. Still not sure about that one.

The aquila is base coated with Tin Bitz, then painted with Shining Gold. Need to add some highlights of Burnished Gold, and Mithril Silver still.

I'm pretty excited with how its coming along so far. I'm gonna start on spraying the hull tonight and see how it looks. Sure is a lot quicker and easier with the spray gun than using a brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment