• Truscale Stormraven [1]

I've got an existing Stormraven Gunship for my sons Blood Angel army, but I wanted to do something different for my Grey Knights to really differentiate the transports. So I purchased a Truscale Stormraven Modification Kit from Chapterhouse Studios.

The kit finally arrived after several weeks from the US, and was packaged neatly in a small box. There were no instructions in the box, but a quick search online found the instruction PDF on the Chapterhouse Studio site. The resin sprues were pretty good with very little bubbling in the castings, but they were a bit rough around the edges, some slight miscasting on some of the panels, and the roof and floor panels were warped. Also because the resin is quite brittle, and the parts are thin, I had a couple of small breakages while trying to get the parts off the sprue rails.
Nothing that couldn't be easily repaired with some superglue though. The parts fit pretty well, and the warping was reasonably easy to correct with some hot water. I flattened the parts out after washing them with a hot water and detergent solution to remove the mold release.

So far the parts are going together well and its fitting reasonably well with the existing Stormraven body. There will need to be some green stuff work later to fill in some seams though. I'm still trying to decide whether to paint the interior. It is tempting as the extension hull parts also have lots of detail. I want to go all out adding detail to this Stormraven, especially some Inquisitorial badges. I've also got an idea about adding another landing skid to the rear of the body - kind of like the tripod arrangement on the dropship in Aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment